Official entry requirements:
- You must have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education.
- You must be aged 20 or over. (We may accept applicants aged between 18 and 20 if we feel that they will be able to cope with the demands of the course.)
- You must have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels and undertake the course successfully.
Further “unofficial” entry requirements:
- You really want to teach English.
- You are prepared for five weeks of hard work.
- You have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become an effective teacher.
- You fill in our online application form and we send you our pre-interview task. (During the COVID pandemic, our teacher training programme was suspended. We hope to restart our courses for Summer 2023, and will start enrolling candidates during the new academic year. If you would like to be sure of reserving your place on the course, please email email@example.com and we will contact you when we open for applications.)
- You send us the pre-interview task and we review it to check that you’re a suitable candidate.
- We interview you either face-to-face or via Skype. In the interview we will tell you more about the course.
- We will let you know if you have been accepted for the course. If you have, we will send you a pre-course task which is designed to introduce you to some key issues related to language teaching and learning.
- We send you details of your accommodation (if you need accommodation).